02 November 2015

fair fight

Don't you dare pretend that it was nothing.
Tell all your friends that it was no big deal
and it wouldn't be anything
but a chance to ease your conscious and
clear up that way you feel when...
and reassure yourself that you did no visible damage to me.

And when you visit here
when you're stuck in a prison
of remembering just how perfect my...
well these can be your conjugal visits.

So in this metaphor I push back from the table.
Throw my napkin on the floor.
Wave goodbye to the cameras and
head for the...
well you know the rest.

Don't you dare pretend like you'll forget about me.
Tell all your friends that it was all fleeting
and it wasn't going to be anything
but a chance to ease your sleepless nights
clear up that way your hands shake when...
and reassure yourself that I was still functioning

And when you're curious about me
when you can't stop the video rolling
of remembering just how sweet my...
well these can be your conjugal visits.

So in this metaphor I stop trying.
Throw my hands in the air.
Shrug my shoulders and shake my head and
cover my eyes so you can't see me...


well you know the rest.


-xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hi there!