11 May 2015

Oh the joys of the internet.
Listen here kid, haven't you ever heard if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all?
You think you're going to help me or open my eyes to something by calling me out on the internet?
Can't a girl like her body?
Can't a girl call herself a babe?
Is my confidence intimidating because it's an area where you lack?
This is a public forum, I'll give you that. But I have every right to work through my things on my personal blog how I see fit. I am not doing it to please or maintain any sort of readership. I've stated that more than once. I am no puppet, my dear.
As far as the Eric comment about my "clinging onto him", unless you are him (which I highly doubt, he has a bit more class and confidence than to post some anonymous comment on this shit blog) you have no right to say what is or isn't going on. Based on the tracking I and my team do on here, we know a lot about you now (more importantly I am about 98% sure I know who you are). And if needed could put you on blast personally very easily. Be mindful of who you call out. Just a pro tip.
However, let's consider this me taking the high road. 
Here's what I will say to you and anyone else who wants to jump on this bandwagon of being a hater:

Yes, I am a late 20 something. I do not consider myself withering away, rather I am the most confident and courageous I have been since my existence as an adult. Yes, do I post personal things on the internet. Of course. But so does everyone. Post a pic of your food? Personal. Post a photo of your infant child? Personal. Update your twitter is any capacity? Personal. Welcome to 2015. The internet has been an outlet for me since I was a teenager. I am a millennial. I am fine with it. If I wasn't, I'd probably be doing something else with my time. My social media behavior is not juvenile nor is it attention seeking. For me, the pictures I post of yes..my butt (in clothing, mind you), with hashtags about how positively I feel about myself are just one of my many ways of demonstrating how comfortable I am in my skin. Besides, if you were to see me out in person at my job as a BARTENDER (shows how little you know about my current standings) you would see me in the same get up, with the same swagger, just in real life. And trust me, I know (I know) I look better in real life.

If you find my current social media status unfavorable than my suggestion to you is to spend your time else where. I am who I am and that isn't going to change. The person I am has taken me way farther than being someone who sits back judging others on the internet ever will.

Now, I have taken way more time to respond to this than I ever wanted.

I considered concluding this with a picture of my ass, but if you care so greatly you can seek it out on my other too personal, juvenile, desperate, withering away late 20 something internet posts out there in the ether.

Asshole.

-xo


4 comments:

  1. Lol. Um.

    First of all, I'm sorry you took such offense to my previous comment. I sincerely mean that. It was meant to serve as more of a wake up call (yes, to a stranger, who I've been following on occasion throughout the past year or so because I found her blog posts to be interesting and insightful) and it wasn't meant to cause any kind of emotional or mental damage, or even be taken all that seriously, seeing as how I am apparently such an asshole kid and all. Now that I do have a bit of time to respond, I will try my best to clear some things up for you, as it seems like you were deeply butt hurt about my comment. No pun intended.

    "Listen here kid, haven't you ever heard if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all?"
    That's really not how the real world works. It's not cool to bully or harass people, of course. That's not what I was doing, or at least not intentionally, and I really am sorry if that's really how you interpreted it. Again, it was just a reality check, from someone outside your bubble of personally-induced hell. Assuming you're not in complete and utter delusion, I thought if you could hear from a stranger how you came off, so publicly I might add, it would maybe snap you back to reality and you could actually get your shit together. Isn't that what you're always writing about, anyway? Needing to get your shit together? I understand it's not easy to look at yourself from an outside perspective. I thought I'd do you a favor, and you could take the suggestion any way you please. I'm sorry to see you take it so badly.

    "You think you're going to help me or open my eyes to something by calling me out on the internet?"
    Maybe.

    "Can't a girl like her body? Can't a girl call herself a babe? Is my confidence intimidating because it's an area where you lack?"
    Girl, please. Of course a girl can like her own body (I do too, a lot), and call yourself a "#babe" if you feel like that serves any purpose, but as someone a year younger than you, even I find the whole shameless self-promotion on the internet to be completely narcissistic and asinine in a society where "millennials" are becoming increasingly selfish and self-destructive. If you think you're hot shit, that's great! Good for you! My main point was that if anytime I was led to your Twit feed or Insta whatever through this blog, it was completely public, meaning anyone of your colleagues or students' parents could have had access to photos of your ass hanging out of your shorts and had a good reason to call you out not online, but to your employer. THINK before you do things publicly, is all I was trying to comment on, not how much I personally care about your butt. I reeeeeally don't care. I think your butt looks just fine, and I've seen way more revealing pictures from other women. But they aren't supposed to serve as role models for children, and they wouldn't receive as much backlash at their jobs if seen by unwanted viewers. Just saying. Really just trying to help here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As far as the Eric comment about my "clinging onto him", unless you are him (which I highly doubt, he has a bit more class and confidence than to post some anonymous comment on this shit blog) you have no right to say what is or isn't going on. Based on the tracking I and my team do on here, we know a lot about you now (more importantly I am about 98% sure I know who you are). And if needed could put you on blast personally very easily. Be mindful of who you call out. Just a pro tip."
    Seriously? First of all, I don't have a blog myself, or any other option under the drop down list other than a Google account I use for my work, so I choose to stay anonymous. Also, it's pretty obvious to your readers as well as yourself what's going on with your ex (whom I actually do know personally, but by coincidence) that he's not having any of this, BECAUSE YOU PUBLICLY ANNOUNCE IT ON YOUR BLOG and probably every other social media app out there that he doesn't give a rat's ass about you or your history together. So why do you still care so much about him, if you are so intimidatingly confident? If that were so, wouldn't you love yourself enough to let the bastard go? I've been through similar pain, and it took meeting a truly amazing, caring, loving and devoted man to snap me out of my own delusions about an ex or two who were complete losers in comparison. You deserve the same--not just a good fucking man, but a good fucking dose of self-love.

    Also, I don't know if you were just trying to intimidate me with you and your team(lol)'s amazing internet identity tracking capabilities, but I call bullshit, and would really love for you to publish the full name and personal info about this person you are 98% sure I am, and receive the subsequent backlash from him/her if you so happen to get it completely wrong. The most you could have on me is my IP address, which would only reveal to you my location: San Francisco. GASP! There's only, what? 800k+ people living here?! Good luck, buddy.

    Seeing as how at this point, you come off as kindofsortof a total bullshitter, I'm really no longer in the mood to keep responding. It just seems like a lost cause at this point.

    Good luck with all that "swagger" and your extremely good looking self "in real life" (btw, when did I ever say you were NOT good looking? Got a little defensive there didn't you) and I really hope you find a way to be happy with your situation in life, whatever that may be.

    - ANONYMOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't spend any more time responding to you except to say: I never wanted or asked for anyone's advice.
      Tell E. Books I say what's up.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      xo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Oh hi there!